To schedule an appointment to use the rifle range please contact our Rifle Range Officer, Jan Turner, at 801-645-2622.
- No Alcoholic Beverages are permitted to be consumed or possessed on Morgan County property, THIS INCLUDES THE RIFLE RANGE.
- NO Long Range Rifle Shooting after July 1 until futher notice due to fire danger.
- No alcohol shall be consumed within eight (8) hours of shooting on the range.
- All vehicles must stay on the roads and designated parking areas.
- No animals will be allowed on the rifle range with-out being on a leash except when in a vehicle.
- No smoking on the Rifle Range.
- Eye and Ear Protection is required at all times when on or near the firing line.
- The Range Officer or designee is in charge of any shooting and their instructions must be followed.
- All persons shall report any unsafe behavior or conditions immediately.
- All shooting guests must the Range Register.
- All inexperienced shooters and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or experienced shooter.
- Loud and Abusive language will not be tolerated, PERIOD. All children must be under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian at ALL TIMES.
(no running around the rifle range or firing line at any time) No shooting at any birds or animals on the Rifle Range.
Sunrise to Sunset, Monday through Saturday
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded. Keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- All firearms should be inspected before firing, ie. barrels for obstructions.
- There SHALL NOT be any loading or loaded firearms behind the established firing line.
- Loading and unloading is done on the firing line with firearms pointed safely down range.
- No handling firearms behind the firing line.
- Make sure that everyone has made safe before going down the range.
- Actions of uncased firearms should be kept open except when on the firing line and ready to fire.
- Loaded firearms may not be removed from the firing line.
- Destroying or damaging range or personal property will be grounds for disciplinary action including permanent expulsion and/or criminal charges.
- No armor piercing or tracer ammunition shall be fired at anytime on the range.
- No horseplay or goofing around on the firing line.
- In the event of a malfunction where the shooter is unable to clear, bench the firearm and request the appropriate assistance.
- Firearm muzzles must be kept below the level of the berm height at all times.
- Only bona fide shooters and supervisors shall approach or be on the firing line.
- On a command to cease fire all firearms must be made safe (magazines/ammo out and actions open).
- All shooters when finished shooting, will clean up the range area of all targets, brass, hulls, materials, and any trash.
- All equipment must be looked after before leaving. All doors and gates shall be closed and locked when leaving.
- Due to the nature of some of these Range Rules, Law Enforcement Officers are exempt when on Range Grounds.